Saturday, September 27, 2008

UT/Auburn

So I am going to save my overall State Of Tennessee Address for after this game. I want to give the coaching staff, players, and fans the benefit of the doubt for one more day. Until then I am going to stay optimistic and just give you my hopeful prediction for how this game should or could go.

First of all just as last week we need to be very very very careful with turnovers. Last week not only did we lose the turnover battle against florida but we lost the turnover battle at crucial times. We turned the ball over inside our own 5 yard line two times. That can NEVER happen if any team wants to win. Well today we play one of the best defenses in the country. Auburn has dominated people defensively this year and if we turn the ball over again we will be beaten badly.

If we have ANY chance in this game it is because we theoretically have a better offense than Auburn. Our D has played well including last week against florida giving up only 96 yards passing and 26 yards rushing to tim tebow, That is a strong statement however we have struggled on offense and on special teams. This week we need our defense to step up again.

I am going to predict that Auburn is reeling after a heartbreaking loss to LSU last week in the last 2 minutes of that game, Because of this if UT can strike early and then stay with the running game consistently the Vols can win.

Final score Vols 21 - Tigers 17

1 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, September 27, 2008, Blogger JCarson said...

I think you are right on the mark in your assessment--even up to reserving "final judgment" on this coaching staff until after this game. You have encouraged the better part of my patience as well.

I will agree with your predicted score although I did see see a 27 to 21 final result in UT's favor. I think Lincoln will rediscover his FG accuracy in this game.

We better not punt, however, on any fourth down plays. Just let Crompton go for it with a long heave and have the wides downfield to make a play if the Int. does occur.

Now it is time to open a beer, cross my fingers and say a silent prayer.

Go Vols! (pleeeaaassee)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home