Friday, September 19, 2008

A BIG day.....

So I am not sure if you know this but there is a pretty big game this weekend....

UT VS. florida

There are not many rivalries in college football which have as much hatred embedded into them as the UT/florida game. I know that Auburn/Alabama and OSU/Michigan get a lot of discussion but to be honest I am just not sure there is as much deep down hatred as in the UT/fla game. There is more foul language and more fights at a UT/fla game than anything else I can eve think of. Hell I am pretty sure there are more F-Bombs dropped at the UT/Fla game than in a Quentin Tarantino movie and more fights than in Braveheart. I am not taking anything away from these other rivalries I am just pointing out that the level and hatred is higher in this game.

Now that all of that build up is done lets talk about the game. This could be an interesting game for sure. NO one is giving UT a chance in hell for this game but I am calling it now. UT WILL WIN. It will be a game that is dominated by running of the ball.

This game comes down to 2 things EVERY YEAR.
1.) Turnovers.... If UT can win the Turnover battle they can win. Eric Berry is a machine at the safety position and if he can force a turnover that will be a BIG win for UT. Crompton NEEDS to take care of the ball as well. Tennessee CAN'T afford to give the ball to florida. If we can win the turnover battle we CAN WIN.
2.) Running the ball. If UT can stick with running the ball they can control the clock and they can win. This series has shown that the team that runs the ball better wins this game. Foster, Hardesty, and Creer can run the ball VERY well and if the coaching staff will stick with it they can control the clock and get in the endzone.

The Vols can and WILL win IF and only IF they control the ball with the running game AND they win the turnover battle.

Vols 31 - florida 27

2 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, September 21, 2008, Blogger JCarson said...

Didn't get to your post until after the game. It was crystal clear to me what happened. UT did everything you said they shouldn't/couldn't do if they hoped to win.

Turnovers! This is what killed us just as you warned.

Oh well, I still got to visit with my two of my very favorite ladies. I am particularly fond of the little one. Plus, I had one of the best homebrews I've ever tasted.

You make a mean Nut Brown Ale my man. Congratulations.

 
At 8:08 PM, September 21, 2008, Blogger JCarson said...

This has been the worst football weekend in my memory.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home