Monday, September 01, 2008

It is FOOTBALL time in Tennessee and I have had some changes...

So a LOT has happened since the last time I blogged. I moved, had a baby (well my wife did, BUT I helped), and I forgot to blog.... That being said I am back and better than ever. My life feels so good after having my wonderful daughter that I feel like you all need to be graced with my sports blogging presence again. So lets get right to it. I will give you a run down on a lot of other stuff later this week but as for today lets talk about the only thing that matters in the sports world... UT FOOTBALL!!!!

First of all let me just say that tonight in the UT vs UCLA game UT should dominate. This in my opinion should be a stroll in the park. UCLA has lost 2 starting QB's in the off season so we are looking at a 3rd string guy. Our D SHOULD be bigger, stronger, and much more healthy than they were last year. That being said we did win 10 games last year including a win in the Outback Bowl against Wisconsin 21-17. Our record ended up pretty good after losing 3 of the first 7 games last year. We made a move and ended up winning the SEC East only to lose to National Champions LSU 21-14 in the SEC Championship. Our BIG question mark is the QB.

Now in my mind I can see this going the way of Tee Martin. Now NO ONE thought Tee was good enough to win us a National Championship but that is exactly what he did. Following Peyton Manning is no easy task but Tee did just fine. How did he do it you ask? Taking care of the ball, consistency, and control of the game. Tee did not turn over the ball and he made plays with his feet when he had to. Bottom line is he did not make mistakes that cost us games. IF Jonathan Crompton can play with his head in the game and not make mistakes we will have not only a good year but a GREAT year. Now I am not saying National Chaps or anything but we will certainly not lose 4 games like last year and could very well be playing in a BCA game come Jan.

This leads me to tell you that the game tonight should be a blow out. I expect final score of 34-17.

The SEC is SO much better than any other conference in the country good so keep in mind that if you have a 3 loss year in the SEC that is like going undefeated in most conferences. That being said I will give you my complete predictions for the entire NCAA football year later this week. Until then keep an eye out for my boys on ESPN tonight at 8:00 Eastern....

GOOOOOOOO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

At 6:25 PM, September 01, 2008, Blogger JCarson said...

I agree, Big Daddy, that the main focus will be on the UT QB. Crompton will do very well, I think but probably throw one interception that will be, at worst, a field goal.

Final score, UT 42 UCLA 10.

Glad to see you back blogging again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home