Monday, February 05, 2007

The Day After Yesterday

Well the big game did not go the way I wanted it to. The Colts pulled out a victory 29-17 over my beloved Bears. I can take a few things out of this loss and hold my head high though. 1.) I have never seen the Knitting Goddess as happy as she was last night when it comes to a sporting event. She wept with joy and I love her for this. 2.) The Colts won this game and deserved to win. Peyton won the MVP and hopefully this will be the moment that the media stops saying he can't win the big game. Tony Dungy is truly deserving of this win and is the type coach and man that the NFL should be proud of having around. 3.) My Bears made it to the Superbowl with essentially a rookie QB. Rex made a lot of mistakes and still our defense held us in the game until the end. The Defense carried them all year and they deserve the credit that is due to them. They held the explosive offense of the Colts to 22 points. The other 7 came off of a Rex Grossman INT taken back for a TD. 4.) The Bears are only going to get better. With more experience next year and the rest of that defense staying healthy I can send out a message to the rest of the NFL..... Watch out for the Bears in 2007.

2 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, February 05, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next year, when we're in this match-up again, I'm not looking forward to it- the Bears have no where to go but up and they know it. Until then, I'll say it was a helluva game, on both sides of the field, and the Knitter household. The Bears- and especially my #1 Bear- are a class act.

 
At 8:01 PM, February 05, 2007, Blogger JCarson said...

I agree with every word in this post. You say:

"The Bears are only going to get better."

Now there is a frightening thought--and true, I am convinced.

To paraphrase the Japanese planner of the Pearl Harbor attack: "I fear all the Colts have done is awaken a sleeping Giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

I do not look forward to playing the Bears again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home