Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Sugar Bowl

Let me just throw out there my ideas about my favorite bowl game every year. The Sugar Bowl is hands down my favorite bowl game every year because of the SEC tie in. I love to see the best SEC team playing another great BCS team. I of course love this because of the Idea that it could be my last game of the year because this is the Bowl game I am hoping that My Tennessee Vols are going to be playing in every year (unless of course hey are playing for the National Championship). Now this year it did not turn out that way. This year we have LSU against Notre Dame. Now this is exciting because:
a.) I love football
b.) I love the SEC
c.) I hate Notre Dame
d.) New Orleans is pretty cool and I got very drunk there one trip after winning an award at work
e.) LSU is one of the most exciting teams in college football this year
f.) All of the above
.......... The correct answer is F.

I expect this game to be a very exciting game with 2 very good offenses and 1 very good defense. Just in case you did not know LSU is one of the best defensive teams in the country and both of these teams can really score some points on offense. This is Brady Quinn's last game before becoming the next QB for the hopeless Oakland Raiders in April and he wants to go out a winner. Notre Dame has lost its last 8 bowl games and has not looked good in any of them. Last year Ohio State destroyed them by putting up over 600 yards of offense. LSU was the best 2 loss team in the country and more than likely could beat almost anyone on any given day. The key for LSU is Jamarcus Russell. Will we get the Russell who looked like a top 10 draft pick or will we get the inconsistent Russell who forgets how to throw a pass? Well I am guessing that LSU wants to be recognized as the team that I am giving them credit for being because we all know everyone wants my approval. Both teams will put up points tonight so look for a high scoring game.
LSU wins 38-31

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home