Thursday, September 13, 2007

This weekend something happens????

So this weekend is kind of a big deal. We have the most important college football game of the year....
#22 THE TENNESSEE VOLS Vs. #5 florida

Of course in MattCenter tradition the floriida gators will NEVER be capitalized due to my pure down right loathing and lack of respect of the entire team and all of their fans. Anyway lets talk football....

This is a huge game with my #22 Vols in florida and we will be playing for our ranking lives. After losing their first game against, my BCS sleeper Cal, we came back and beat Southern Miss 39-19. Now down to florida to play against the team that I HATE more than any other team in any other sport. Have I mentioned that I despise florida and everything they stand for? And when I say florida I do mean players, coaches, fans, teachers, janitors, etc..... Anyway back to the game. Ainge has played pretty well, having 276 yards and 2 TD's last week and all of this with a broken finger on his throwing hand from a couple of weeks ago. Overall I am happy with how he has played so far. This week the team that wins will win the turnover battle. If we can play a game without turning the ball over and force 1 or 2 Int's from sophomore tim tebow we will win this game. tebow has not faced a real team on his own yet and neither has florida. florida played Troy last week and gave up 31 points to this tiny little team and the week before played Western Kentucky High School. A huge advantage for Tennessee is that we played #8 Cal in Cal and the front runner to win Conference USA Southern Miss before we play our arch rivals. We have seen real talent whereas florida has played 2 high schools and is not going to be prepared for the team speed or power of my TENNESSEE VOLS. This will be a battle like every year and the Vols will come out on top because we will be more prepared and we want it more. Did I mention that I hate florida?
VOLS WIN 27 - 17

3 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, September 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In honor of you "no capitalization" policy of florida, I do the opposite for Tennessee.
GO VOLS!!

 
At 10:21 AM, September 15, 2007, Blogger JCarson said...

You have irreparably damaged that poor janitor's self esteem for sure. You know what, I don't care. Nope, don't even like the janitors.

What I do like is your prediction for the outcome of this game. However, I think you are giving their defense a bit too much credit. I believe the scoring will be higher. If Troy can score 30 on them, we can do better.

And as you point out if UT can force tebow into a couple of turnovers, he'll rattle.

Our big advantage is a senior quarterback and even though I'm not a big Ainge fan, I have to admit he has matured from that little whiney boy who showed up here with that west coast attitude. Now, he's actually sounding like a young man.

Good for him and better for us.

tebow is the better runner; Ainge is the better passer. Our team, overall, is more seasoned and so I have to go with Tennessee in a near shoot-out 41 to 38. It might even be a better outcome if our D gets to tebow more than a couple times.

GO VOLS !!!!!

 
At 7:24 PM, September 15, 2007, Blogger JCarson said...

I will U-T-football no more, forever. Under. This. Coach.

Shameful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home